The End of a Legendary ' Thriller '

Photobucket





FAREWELL MICHAEL


I am deeply grieved to say anything about Michael's untimely & unnecessary death and passing . All I will say at this juncture is that I will miss him deeply , and if music is of any consolation to relieve the soul of sorrow, then I will allow the music to speak what I feel at the moment and what I have been feeling the past several days upon hearing of the shocking news . I wrote an article on Michael the very next day , a reflective recollection of Michael's influence upon my life from my early childhood ( since I grew up with Michael & his music ) and the impact he had on , not only my life but within the lives of billions of people globally . There will never be another Michael , just as there will never be another Elvis , or Jimi or Janis , or Jim & John ...there are certain individuals who enter this world to change it , and make it a bit more beautiful and bearable than it is - through their actions & their service , talent , whatever one cares to label it as . Such individuals cannot be replaced nor can anyone ever live up to their status & fill their shoes .







Michael was such an individual , and despite the ugly rumors , nasty gossip , and the attempts of those money hungry vultures who attempted to shred him of his fame and reputation - those who knew Michael , never believed such slanderous and blasphemous lies for a moment . Michael was born a Star - and he went out as one . A supernova ! I will miss him greatly , and will be listening to him until I exit this life as I know that his music will continue to live on through the next 100 years and maybe more . Within the past week or so and since the day of his ill fated demise , the rumors & the allegations surrounding his death have not ceased by the media . What disgusts me the most is the fact that everyone from the press down to Billy Bob - have invaded Michaels home & his privacy ( if one can have such a luxury after death ? ) ; It's as if a 'Locust Invasion " has occurred - as these people will stop at nothing ! Now , every one out there is looking to capitalize on Michaels death as well - which makes me ill literally ! I cannot believe the lengths that certain people will go to and the depths they will succumb to in order to attain the mighty dollar ! The tragedy behind Michaels death at this point is this : He had no peace & absolutely no privacy during his life , and now he can't have it even upon his death ! which makes me want to cry for him even more than I have been doing . I don't know if his funeral will be a " Homage " to his legacy and his lifework contributions , or just a " show " where everyone will come out do their little routine , recite their little pre-written speeches , shed a crocodile tear or two - get their name picture posted on People magazine ( and limitless others ) , and feel as if they've just saved the world . I can aslo imagine the barrage of those who will have set up vending stands , selling T-shirts & Michael memorabilia , on every corner of Hollywood & God only knows where else . This will definitely end up being the " Funerals of Funerals " , which will rival that of the King's ( Elvis ) & Diana's . I only wish that those who do attend do so out of their love & respect and appreciation of Michael & not for publicity's sake ( as there will be a myriad of such individuals on that front ) .

As for myself , I will always remember Michael , not as a grown man - but as that 8 yr old little boy which I first had the privilledge of seeing when I was a young child myself . This is the image which has remained with me throughout the years , and every time I saw Michael , I only saw a little boy who never wanted to grow up ( why would he want to anyway ? it isnt as if he had ever had the chance to be one - he was robbed of that opportunity by an ogre of a father and a non supporting mother who stood by idly watching her husband wreak terror on her children . ) What a tragically ill fated life this poor boy had to endure - and then : an adult life plagued by so many other tragic events . I hope and pray to any god out there who is listening , to finally allow this boy a better resting place , than the one he inhabited so briefly here . May he finally go on to greener pastures , and a heavenly utopian frontier such as the one he had always imagined within his own mind's eye . May he finally go to his " Never land " ..where he will forever be a child , the child he had always been inside , and may he finally be allowed to rest in peace .

Farewell Michael , may you now fly on Angels wings , just like the wings your music had empowered us for so many decades . I love you & I know , that you will always be there ...in my heart . Goodbye dear heart ...


Photobucket

*UPDATE :||: I had the chance to see the full coverage of Michaels funeral & aside from not being able to stop crying ( my eyes are so swollen at the moment I can't even see what Im typing ) ; but I wanted to post the video depicting the entire ceremony. I was wrong in thinking / assuming that it would have turned out to be a 3 ring circus , it turned out being a very well organized and very moving event . I wonder if Michael would have approved - and I also wonder if Elisabeth Taylor has had a change of heart in not attending ? ..I guess I will never know . Rest in peace Michael . You will live forever in our hearts . Thank you for the music Michael .


A very BIG Thank YOU to the Honorable Rev. Al Sharpton for his beautiful speech in honoring Michael . We love you Reverend , you did Michael justice .




Mia Zoe








0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comment